Saturday, May 3, 2014

Chocolate Date Bliss Balls

I only discovered bliss balls a few months ago, but I've made them several times since and they've become a regular snack in my household. My sister (who hates dates with a passion) actually loves these and always gets excited when she finds some in the fridge.

This recipe is very versatile and is extremely quick to make - they also taste amazing and the best thing is that they're 100% healthy as they're made from all natural ingredients.

Now, I've got to admit - it was SO HARD trying to take a photo of these this morning - the wind was so strong and they just kept rolling all over the plate!




Ingredients

6 dates, pitted
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp peanut butter (or any nut butter you prefer)
2 tbsp pepita seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
2-3 tbsp maple syrup or agave


Method

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and blend until combined.
Using a tablespoon, scoop out some of the mixture and use your hands to roll into a ball.
You can roll the balls in some cocoa, coconut, chia seeds, etc or just leave them plain.
Enjoy!





I like to store these in the fridge - they don't last very long in my house though!

If you make these, don't forget to tag me on instagram - @healthandhappinesss :)

No comments:

Post a Comment